Sunday, July 6, 2008

Bike Rides/Bar Flys/TNT: 4th of July in the Twin Cities

As much as I love my fellow interns, I decided that a little break would do me good. So, I decided to take advantage of the 3-Day weekend solo (for the most part). Thursday evening I went bar hopping via mi bicicleta and hit up a few ahhhh-mazing places. Two of which, Jet Set and The Kitty Kat Klub, are worth mentioning. JS is in the North Loop district and by far, serves one of the best vodka-mint gimlets in Minneapolis. I'd definitely recommend the place to anyone who doesn't mind paying a little extra for a well-made drink in a minimalist space. The Kitty is right next to my apartment and had a great crowd, no doubt, there for DJ Bach and Estate. Needless to say I danced all-night, met some fun kids, and managed to fit in a #2 at Micky D's.


Nicollet Island

After serving meals at the House of Charity, I biked over to Nicollet Island for a BBQ. The island had one of the best, undisturbed views of the fireworks and the overall neighborhood atmosphere of the residents was absolutely magical.




Here's some horrendous camera work of the TNT over the Mississippi:


Saturday, I ventured out to the Mill City Farmers Market and bought two incredibly (yet delicious) tarts, and some veggie dumplings. I then rode over to meet with my lovely MAIPers who were dining with Val (a Lucky 13er) in Uptown.

Sunday was a total lazy day filled with naps and mac n' cheese. However, Michele, Karla and I managed to fit in a movie down on the Riverfront.

I have to say, it's been the best weekend in Minneapolis - and now that I seem to have a feel for the city, hopefully, not the last.

No comments: