Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Digs: Where I live
















One of the best things about the MAIP program is the housing arrangements provided for the interns. By teaming up with the host agencies, the program significantly cuts the cost of housing/travel expenses (if you choose to) which makes interning throughout the U.S completely feasible.

Last year, I spent a month living in New York City and am embarrassed to say how much money I went through - almost$4k. It was one of the primary reasons why I sought out an internship outside of NYC.

The decision paid off - because both MAIP/Campbell Mithun hooked me (and the other 2 MAIP/Lucky 13 interns) UP.

Here's a list of what my studio came with:
Full Kitchen w/modern appliances
Walk-In closet
Hardwood floors
Central Air
Track lighting
Modern (clean) furniture
Television (yes, the agency put it out an email blast
and got someone from the agency to lend me a TV!)
Cafe downstairs
Cleaning supplies/dishes/utensils


Lets just put it this way - I'm going to have a hard time returning back to my studio in San Jose, CA

No comments: